Thursday, February 08, 2007

Split

Isn't it sad how friends just vanish from your life? They just slowly disappear, as if covered by mist or something, til they're not even there any longer.

I used to ask mummy why she had so few friends, and now I understand - it really is all that easy to lose someone, and vice versa. Hell, it's even easy to lose your family, if you're so caught up with other stuff that all you do is sleep when you get home.

Time after time it happens, and not only to me, but to others who tell me their stories, others who share the agony.. sometimes it really doesn't hurt all that much, and you wonder whether you really ever cherished that someone, or whether it was a relationship of convenience birthed by close proximity. Other times you just find yourself not talking, and realise hey, so-and-so really doesn't mean all that much to me, and I'm sure it's mutual.

Another question, is it true that closeness breeds contempt? I'd like to believe not, but then how does one explain why everyone wants to talk to the new guy, we all rush to introduce ourselves and be friendly, neglecting those who used to be new, and sometimes disregarding them completely.

I sound really mopey and negative writing this, it's not even very moving or thought-provoking, but i suppose it's something that just happens. Cynicism is not always good, i guess.

One by one, they go their seperate ways.

weiwei (: at 1:43 AM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment